HELP LEAD YOUR INDUSTRY AS A BOARD DIRECTOR FOR THE
Texas-Louisiana Oracle Applications User Group (TLOAUG)
Call for Candidate Submission Deadline: Friday, May 18, 2018
The TEXAS-LOUISIANA ORACLE APPLICATIONS USER GROUP (TLOAUG) invites you to join six (6) of your fellow colleagues and contemporaries to represent a collective membership of over 500 companies dedicated to promoting, shaping and leading the future of the Oracle family of applications. As a TLOAUG board director, you join a dedicated team of professional users working together to:
- influence Oracle on product direction and strategy
- be a conduit for recommended enhancements to Oracle products or processes
- provide feedback to Oracle from the user community
- facilitate training, education and networking among the user community
The TLOAUG is seeking two (2) diligent, resourceful and dedicated professionals to help lead our association into the future. Each board member is elected for a 2-year term and will join six (6) other current board members who will be serving their remaining terms. To ensure continuity of the Texas-Louisiana OAUG direction and strategy, we do not replace our entire board membership at the same time. Rather, every 2 years a portion of the board is re-elected. Regular participation in conference calls is required as well as attendance at board meetings and more frequent meetings leading up to each of our twice annual meetings. This averages to approximately 2 to 4 volunteer hours per month and is essential for the board to function properly and to be successful in all of its endeavors.
The following positions are currently open:
Event Content manager
Manages the call for papers and paper selection process for events and prepares agenda; Also recruits keynote speakers. Primary contact for all communications with speakers/potential speakers.
Prepares website and email marketing campaigns for all events
As a board member, one needs to support TLOAUG goals by taking an enthusiastic role in the activities that help continually provide value to the Oracle user community. Giving a presentation at OAUG COLLABORATE annual conferences, writing an article for our Web-based newsletter, mentoring new members and encouraging other users to participate in TLOAUG and the OAUG are just a few ways that board members can display leadership to the greater TLOAUG membership and contribute to the user group’s growth and success.
• Email Address:
• Contact Phone:
• Board position you are nominating for:
• Candidate Biography:
Please reference “TXLA OAUG BOD 2018 Election Nomination” in your e-mail subject line.
Candidate biographies are limited to a total of 250 words or fewer. We encourage the use of bulleted lists within your biographical submission to assist the voting members during their review of the ballot. The inclusion of a photograph with your submission is optional. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please include in your biography:
• Why you are running for the TXLA OAUG Board of Directors and what you can contribute to the organization.
• Which open position on the TXLA OAUG Board you are nominating for (you can also choose to be an open Board Member – who can help in multiple ways).
• A description of your leadership and strategic planning skills.
• Previous volunteer contributions to the OAUG or other user groups.
Special Notes / Requirements / Qualifications
* Elections are for individual volunteers, not the companies that employ them. The person elected will be a board member. It is recommended that individuals seek employer approval to run before submitting themselves as a candidate.
* No more than one person per company may serve on the board at the same time.
* In order to help maintain an independent forum, Oracle employees are not eligible for board membership, (but the board does work closely with several Oracle Employees).
* While the companies are not elected, candidates, or the company they are employed with, must be OAUG members in good standing in order to be elected.
* Ballots will be sent to email addresses of individuals who are members of TXLA OAUG and meet the above requirements. This will include a voting key. Voting keys are a unique identifier that ensures only you can vote and that the vote can only be submitted once. If a voting key is used more than once, all votes will be discarded.
* Elections will end on June 1, 2018. The OAUG will tally all votes and provide information about the newly elected board members to the TXLA OAUG by June 5, 2018. Results will be announced to membership June 7, 2018.
TXLA OAUG Board & OAUG