Fall 2019 Houston Event
Texas Louisiana OATUG Fall Education Event
Norris Conference Centers - Houston/Westchase
9990 Richmond Ave, Suite 102, Houston, TX 77042
October 24th, 2019 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
TLOAUG is still accepting Sponsors for this event.
Submit a Paper - Call For Papers is Now Closed
Please submit the application in word format so we can easily cut and paste your company details for posting on the web site. Please do not send PDFs.
Collaborate 2020 in Las Vegas
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Together, we can help each other succeed. Do you have personal experiences with Oracle E-Business Suite, On-Prem EPM/Hyperion, EPM Cloud, ERP Cloud, Analytics, BI, SCM Cloud, HCM Cloud, CX Cloud, Emerging Technologies and Professional Development (among other topics) that may benefit other users, saving them time and money or helping them achieve more? Share your lessons learned and proven practices during an education session at COLLABORATE 20 — OATUG Forum.
Here is a list of hot topics our education team is seeking for COLLABORATE 20:
- EBS Lift and Shift to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- ERP Roadmap - what are your options
- Oracle Analytics Cloud
- How to Manage and Migrate Customizations for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 Performance Tuning
- Professional development — Digital transformation: Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- Cloud Migration and Enterprise Transformation Case Studies
- Enterprise Data Management and Governance Systemic Processes
- R12.2.8 Upgrade or Cloud — Decisions
- Anything on APEX
- Have personal experience with the subject matter as an Oracle Applications user or incorporate the perspective and first-hand experience of a user into the presentation.
- Commit to actively participate between before, during and after COLLABORATE to engage with fellow participants, answer questions and share knowledge.
- Commit to sharing COLLABORATE with their networks.
See website for more details... https://collaborate.oatug.org/
User Management Training Series
User Management Training Series for EBS Release 12
You asked for it and you got it!
Per popular demand, the User Management / Role-Based Access Control SIG is teaming with the Texas Louisiana OATUG (TLOAUG) GEO to deliver three training webinars. We have developed a training series for EBS user management, starting with the basics and moving through more advanced topics. We encourage you to attend Webinar 1 as a pre-requisite to Webinar 3. Webinar 2 is less dependent on the introductory webinar and includes the required configuration in EBS 12.2 for Flexfield Value Set Security. Please see below for details on each.
Register now at the links below.
- Friday, July 26th 3 pm ET - User Management/Role Based Access Control Part I for Beginners- https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8935843548109880587
- Friday, August 9th 3 pm ET - User Management Part II - Security Wizards and Proxy Users- https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2983548290746377997
- Friday, August 16th 3 pm ET - User Management Part III - Automate user creation and role assignments- https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/128210051856766475
WEBINAR 1 - User Management/Role Based Access Control Part 1 for Beginners
Abstract/Objective – Learn the basics of user management and role-based access control starting with terminology and continuing on to basic examples. Learn where it is required, where it is optional and how it can harden security while streamlining system administration security related tasks.
- Overview/User Management Layers
- Other EBS responsibilities related to user management
- Building Blocks for User Management
- Modeling Security Policy – Step by Step Example
- Intro to Security Wizards - Cash Management
- Creating Users in User Management instead of the System Administrator Responsibility
- Creating Roles – two practical examples
WEBINAR 2 - User Management Part II - Security Wizards and Proxy Users
Abstract/Objective – Learn how to utilize security wizards which allow you to create Grants through a guided navigation path to allow access to value sets, concurrent reports, banks and users also allowing limitations on what functions can be performed on these items. Learn how to utilize proxy functionality to delegate tasks to other users for various reasons – out of office, workload sharing and others.
- Security Wizard - Flexfield Value Sets
- Security Wizard - Concurrent Processing
- Security Wizard - Security Administration
- Proxy Users
WEBINAR 3 - User Management Part III - Automate user creation and role assignments
Abstract/Objective – Learn how to reduce system administration bottlenecks by automating the process of creating users and assigning responsibilities. Also learn to delegate workflow support to superusers for each module or specific workflow.
- Registration Processes with Approvals Management
- Workflow Delegation Control
- Configuring the User Name Policy
2019 Award of Distinction
The Board of Directors of the Texas - Louisiana OATUG would like to thank our wonderful Oracle users, speakers and sponsors for helping us bring together so many great ideas, knowledge, networking and fun over the past year. Last week during Collaborate 2019 in San Antonio, TX we received the 2019 Award of Distinction. It's truly been a year to remember but we are only just getting started.
If you would like to join us as a member, board member, speaker or sponsor please reach out to let us know how you'd like to participate. We appreciate the opportunity to bring you education and networking opportunities that will enrich your experience working in the Oracle community.
COLLABORATE: TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS FORUM FOR THE ORACLE COMMUNITY - OAUG FORUM
One week is all you need. One week at COLLABORATE 19 – OAUG Forum will equip you with the expertise and insight you need to do your job more effectively and maximize your organization’s investment in Oracle Applications in the coming year. At COLLABORATE, OAUG delivers expert on-prem Oracle Applications knowledge and the latest guidance for the Cloud so you can get the most from your Oracle investments and strategically plan for the future. Here expert-led education synthesizes best practices, users share lessons learned from real-life implementations, and solutions providers offer a look at the latest, greatest new products.
The OAUG Forum covers E-Business Suite | On-Prem EPM/Hyperion | EPM Cloud | ERP Cloud | Data Science & Analytics | SCM Cloud | CX Cloud | Personal Growth & Leadership
Join us April 7-11, 2019 in San Antonio, TX!
Visit the website here... https://collaborate.oaug.org/
Build your agenda here... https://collaborate.oaug.org/education
Register now... https://collaborate.oaug.org/registration
OAUG GEO NETWORK COMMUNITY SERVICE BUILD-A-BIKE
Build your network, build a bike and build a bike that helps a San Antonio citizen find employment -- all at the same time! Join OAUG Geos -- our local and regional affiliates -- for community and creativity as we construct bicycles for the clients of Haven for Hope, an organization which cares for people experiencing homelessness in San Antonio. Pre-registration required; select during conference registration. This is open to all OAUG registrants, whether you are aligned with a Geo or not.
Participating Geos include:
- San Diego
- North Central
- Eastern States
- Ohio Valley
- New England
- British Columbia
- Twin Cities
- Washington DC
- Northern Ohio
- Northern California
- Southwest Region
- Texas- Louisiana
TLOAUG 2018 Grapevine Event Information
Texas-Louisiana Training Day was Friday, September 14th, 2018 at the Grapevine Convention Center, 1209 South Main Street, Grapevine, TX.
Sponsorships - SOLD OUT
Keynote Speaker - Anne Carlson, Oracle Senior Director
Oracle E-Business Suite: Update, Strategy, and Roadmap
As a current Oracle E-Business Suite customer, you want the confidence that your choice of integrated, global business applications will continue to enable your organization to make better decisions, reduce costs, and increase performance. In this Oracle Development-led session, get the latest update on the Oracle E-Business Suite product line. Hear about the benefits you can expect to receive from both cloud and on-premises E-Business Suite investments. You will come away with an understanding of the value Oracle E-Business Suite applications deliver now and in the future.
If you are not currently a member of TLOAUG, click here to join via your OAUG profile and ensure you get all email notifications for the group moving forward.
Texas-Louisiana User Conference - DFW September 14, 2018